FilmDoo Ltd ("FilmDoo" and/or "We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and take this responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information We are collecting and what We will do with that information.
- - What personal data We collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- - Where We obtain the data from;
- - What We do with that data;
- - How We store the data;
- - Who We transfer/disclose that data to;
- - How We deal with your data protection rights;
- - And how We comply with the data protection rules.
- - All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with United Kingdom and EU data protection laws.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By visiting www.filmdoo.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (collectively the "Act"), the data controller is FilmDoo Ltd of ARK Coworking, 237 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross, London N1 9NG, United Kingdom.
We have also appointed a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") to oversee compliance with this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy or how We handle your personal information, please contact the DPO at @. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- - Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.filmdoo.com (our "Site") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, through use of other websites owned by FilmDoo or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our Site, search for a film recommendation, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, film recommendations, favourite genres, favourite directors or any amount of other information in relation to your film or cinema tastes.
- - Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site We may automatically collect the following information:
- - technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- - information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- - Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- - Information we may collect in relation to social networks. If you use any of our social network applications, pages or plugins or you use one of our products or services that allow interaction with social networks, We may receive information relating to your social network accounts. For instance:
- - If you log-in to one of our websites or services using your social network account, We may receive basic details from your social network profile. The basic details We receive may depend on your social network account privacy settings, however, they might include your social network ID, name, profile picture, gender and locale. We may also receive additional information from your profile if you give us permission to access it
- - If you click on a 'like', '+1' or 'tweet' or similar button in one of our websites or services, We may record the fact that you have done so. In addition, the content that you are viewing may be posted to your social network profile or feed. We may receive information about further interactions with this posted content (for example, if your contacts click on a link in the posted content), which We may associate with the details that We store about you
- - If you 'like', '+1' or similar one of our pages on a social network site, We may receive information about your social network profile, depending on your social network account privacy settings
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- - Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- - to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- - to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- - to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data or on the registration form. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that We send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
- - to notify you about changes to our service; and
- - to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- - Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
- - to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- - to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- - to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- - as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- - to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- - to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- - Information We receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
- - We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons We have collected and need to use your personal data for. We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which We process it and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- - Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
- - Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women living in London). We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- - Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- - Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment and to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction.
- - Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries We operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- - In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your aggregated data, but not personal data, to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- - If FilmDoo or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
All payment details are transmitted over SSL and processed and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
We may disclose your information to trusted third parties for the purposes set out in this Policy. We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in line with United Kingdom and EU law on data protection rules. While countries outside the EEA do not always have strong data protection laws, We require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with United Kingdom and EU law on data protection. We utilise standard means under EU law to legitimise data transfers outside the EU.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or similar technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you navigate around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your interactions. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies We use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at @.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- - Request information about whether We hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why We are holding/using it.
- - Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information We hold about you and to check that We are lawfully processing it.
- - Request correction of the personal information that We hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about you corrected.
- - Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- - Object to processing of your personal information where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- - Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- - Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- - Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- - Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once We have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, We will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless We have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please email our DPO at @ or our general info account at @ or contact our DPO by post at FilmDoo Limited, ARK Coworking, 237 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross, London N1 9NG, United Kingdom.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, We may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, We may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Your use of FilmDoo, and any disputes arising from it, is subject to this Policy and all of its dispute resolution provisions including arbitration, limitation on damages and choice of law. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time. Non-material changes and clarifications will take effect immediately, and material changes will take effect within thirty (30) days of their posting on this site. If We make changes, We will post them and will indicate at the top of this page the Policy’s new effective date. If We make material changes to this Policy, We will notify you here, by email, or through notice on our home page. We encourage you to refer to this Policy on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current Policy. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that We have about you and your account.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to @ .